Current Job Openings
Client: Industrial Gases
Location: Geismar, La OR Houston, TX
Duration: 1 year and could go longer
Benefits: Health, Vision, Dental, 401K, Paid Time Off
Supporting: Capital Projects
Experience: 8 years plus. Comprehensive working knowledge of the National Electrical Code, particular the sections relating to Wire and Cable, Raceway Systems, Motors and Motor Controls, Hazardous Areas and installations over 600 volts.
Education: 5 years as journeyman electrician OR Associates degree in Electrical Engineering Technology
Software: Bentley Systems, Inc. Microstation CAD. A strong drafting background using AutoCAD will be considered. Raster document overlay editing applications for CAD software a plus
The Electrical Designer will generally be working with minimal supervision and must be capable of independently obtaining sufficient information to develop industrial electrical design construction drawings per Client's standards and the National Electrical Code (NEC). Candidate must possess good time management skills as the candidate will frequently be required to work on multiple project tasks at the same time.
All work will be performed at the regional headquarters in Geismar, LA or Houston, TX. Candidate may be required to travel as much as 15% in North America as part of the assignment.
Candidate must possess a strong working background in the following areas of electrical design:
* Working knowledge of the current National Electrical Code.
* Distribution and control of alternating current electrical voltage classes from 120 volts to 15,000 volts
* Distribution and wiring of direct current instrumentation circuitry (4-20 ma. And thermocouple)
* Design and layout of underground conduit and grounding systems
* Development and interpretation of medium voltage and 480 volt single line diagrams including layout of motor control centers from load lists
* Determine medium and low voltage feeder cable sizing ampacities based on calculation of allowable conduit fills, de-rating factors and voltage drop per the National Electrical Code
* Development and interpretation of control schematics
* Develop physical layout drawings from specifications, vendor drawings, sketches and related instructions
* Develop physical layout drawings in areas classified as hazardous based on solid working knowledge of Article 500 of the National Electrical code
* Development of cable tray layout drawings for power, control and instrumentation wiring
* Development of interconnecting wiring diagrams and termination schedules using physical layout drawings, control schematics and vendor drawings
* Design of industrial exterior and interior lighting systems
* Development of electric heat tracing for freeze protection and process applications
* Design of communications and fiber optic systems
Houston, TX OR Geismar, La