Current Job Openings
The Laboratory Chemist provides chemistry information, analytical methods, instrument troubleshooting and repair, consulting to the refinery, and performs specialized sample testing services for process stream monitoring and optimization, product certification, environmental compliance, and special projects.
- Performs specialized sample testing services for process stream monitoring and optimization, product certification, environmental compliance, and special projects.
- Conducts training, consulting, maintenance and troubleshooting on test methods and instrumentation.
- Develops and implements testing methods, including selection and purchase of new equipment/instrumentation, training, quality control/assurance, documentation, maintenance & troubleshooting, and continuous improvement.
- consults on the use of test methods and their application.
- Works with Technical, Operations, Maintenance, and Corp. research divisions to:
- select appropriate testing methods/instrumentation and
- design approaches to obtain desired information.
- Provides consulting on process chemistry to aid in plant optimization and troubleshooting.
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry must be able to Repair and Maintain GC Equipment with Agilent hands on experience.
- Demonstrated strong mechanical skills and ability to use tools to maintain instrumentation.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate chemistry/technical information to audiences of varying technical background.
- Demonstrated excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrated teamwork, communication, planning/organizing, leadership skills, and strong commitment to safety.
Demonstrated laboratory work experience.
- Knowledge of refinery test methods (e.g. ASTM methods for: GC, AA, IC, XRF, elemental analysis, and wet chemistry).
- Demonstrated commitment to and use of quality control/quality assurance principles and tools.
- Demonstrated ability to consult on analytical instrumentation and test methods, including method development and equipment/instrumentation repair and purchase.
- Knowledge and understanding of refinery processes.
- Knowledge of process analyzers.
- Experience with chemometric modeling and analysis.
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!
PTS Advance offers a comprehensive benefits package for qualified employees which includes Medical (with employer contribution), Dental, Vision, 401k program, direct deposit
PTS Advance is an Equal Opportunity Employer