Current Job Openings
PTS Advance is looking for a Document Control Lead for a Bay Area Refinery in Martinez, California. This position is a long-term contract that will start August 2021 and will run at least until August 2023. Must have at least 10 years Oil & Gas Document Control experience. Local candidates preferred. All candidates will be considered. Pay is commensurate to experience.
- Reports directly to the Engineering Manager and supports the Refinery and Project Team.
- Responsible for all aspects of document control to support the Project, including receipt, logging, storing, distribution, expediting of reviews and approvals, and returns of drawings, drawing revisions, equipment/instrument files, and associated correspondence.
- Provide leadership and oversight to all Document Control resources assigned to the Project Team.
- Drive the improvement and development of the Refinery"s document control processes. Maintain communications with the Project Managers to ensure needs are met and processes are followed.
- Implement and maintain systems, Project File Structure (PFS), and procedures for document control. These are primarily associated with drawings, drawing revisions, equipment/instrument files, and associated correspondence to support the Project.
- As requested, store new documents in and move documents within the PFS.
- As requested, update attributes in the PFS.
- Extract attributes from external Electronic Data Management Systems (EDMS) and add to the files in the PFS.
- Recommend examples and samples for addition to the PFS Directory.
- Develop and maintain the Project Document Register (PDR) per site requirements.
- Maintain the Project Document Distribution Matrix (DDM) in coordination with the Project Engineers.
- Receive, log, store, and track all drawings, drawing revisions and associated correspondence.
- Distribute the drawings, drawing revisions and associated correspondence for information, review or approval in accordance with the Project DDM. Ensure the documents are stored appropriately in the PFS.
- Expedite the reviews and approvals in accordance with the required scheduled or contractual dates and return to Contractors. Communicate with Contractors and Construction Group for document control issues. If required, provide reporting to the Project Team on the status of these activities.
- Administer the Project TeamView site.
- Add common links in the Workstation area of the Project TeamView site.
- Create links in the Workstation area of the Project TeamView site that are specific to the Team"s PFS electronic file storage structure. Coordinate with a website specialist for changes and functionality beyond the above administration activities.
- Provide Document Control training to Project team members as needed.
- Open and respond to document controls correspondence in a timely fashion to ensure proper attention to incoming documents.
- Examine documents and drawing packages to verify completeness before distribution.
- Interface closely with the Project Engineers and contractor Document Controls to provide prompt and accurate distribution activities.
- Ensure records are secured and retrievable per the Enterprise Retention and Classification Schedule.
- Serve as the primary contact for all EDocs (i.e. EDMS) issues as well as distribution of documents from engineering contractors.
- Serve in a support or lead role to manage Construction QA and System Turnover (STO) documentation management and workflows.
Benefits: PTS Advance offers a comprehensive benefits package for qualified employees which includes Medical (with employer contribution), Dental, Vision, 401k program, direct deposit, and the option to accrue PTO.
'PTS Advance is an Equal Opportunity employer'