Current Job Openings
Position: Utility Coordinator
Work Location: Long Beach, CA
Reports To: Senior Right of Way Manager
This position is part of the Engineering and Regulatory Affairs Team ensuring land department documentation is readily available to provide support to other departments. It handles Right of Way document coordination for utilities and project support services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Responsible for Utility Coordination responses to 3rd parties in a timely manner.
- Upkeep Data Base for Land Department and Right of Way scanning and record retention.
- Provide support services to the Senior Right of Way Manager on various initiatives.
- Delivery of Utility Coordination projects on schedule.
- Ability to read and understand design drawings and specifications.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Understanding of the 811 (Dig Centers).
- Understand and develop aerials and project planning drawings.
- Communication and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Review contracts, plans, specifications.
- Must be able to work in an office environment.
- Minimum 5 years of Utility Coordination experience in the pipeline industry or in third party utility coordination activities.
- Additional projects as required.
- High School Diploma required.
- 5 years in a general business environment with project coordination and/or administrative experience.
- Proficient in MS Office: Word, Excel, Power Point, AutoCAD, MS Visio, Google Earth, Mapinfo and Adobe Acrobat.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to make critical decisions.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent sense of personal accountability.
- Excellent verbal, written, and organizational/administrative skills are a must.
- Must be able to successfully pass Drug and Alcohol pre-employment and on-going screening tests.
- Valid Driver"s License required.