Current Job Openings
Our client employs professionals, nationwide, across 100+ offices. They are leaders in engineering, consulting, and construction management for target markets that include energy, power, environmental, infrastructure, and oil & gas. They are constantly recognized by ENR and Environmental Business Journal, year over year, for the high quality of service they provide to their public and private sector clients.
They are looking for a Senior Construction/Demolition Superintendent to join their Environmental and Construction team in their downtown LA office.
The successful candidate should have senior level experience in construction, construction/demolition field services with emphasis on environmental related field work, abatement remediation projects. This position will provide construction coordination, observation, and documentation support for a wide variety of technically challenging environmental projects primarily for industrial, utility, and transportation clients.
- Coordinate and oversee environmental construction-related services and projects.
- Perform bid walks, develop construction specifications, develop budgets, coordinate subcontractor bids, develop proposals.
- Provide construction quality assurance.
- Oversee and manage staff and subcontractors implementing construction work.
- Represent the company with clients, general contractors, contract managers, and regulatory agencies.
- When not engaged in field projects, office responsibilities will include developing reports, performing financial review and budgeting, and other project support tasks.
- Minimum 10 years of construction or consulting and environmental or civil engineering experience with progressive responsibility.
- Experience with developing costs, managing budgets, schedules, and managing subcontractors.
- Experience supervising construction activities associated with underground and aboveground fuel storage systems, demolition, remediation, associated compliance activities, and regulatory interactions.
- Ability to work well within a team environment, including client-facing interactions.
- Excellent writing/verbal communication skills for interaction with multidisciplinary staff, clients, and regulatory agencies.
- Excellent organization and planning skills.
- Previous experience implementing and performing construction observation, documentation, quality control, and quality assurance.
- Ability to work in an outdoor environment for extended periods of time.
- OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER training certification preferred.
- OSHA 30-Hour or CHST.
- QSP/QSD desirable.
- CHHM desirable.
- Bachelor"s degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent desirable
Our client offers a comprehensive benefits package for qualified employees which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k program, and more.
PTS is and EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.