Current Job Openings
Title: Refinery Safety Lead / Coordinator
This Safety Lead / Coordinator serves as the focal point for all efforts related to the coordination of the Contractor Safety Program at the refinery. Essential functions of the job include:
- Serve as the focal point for all contractor safety programs
- Participate in and/or coordinate safety process relating to contractor admittance to the refinery
- Participate in various functions of the H&S team as necessary, including field audits, contractor safety meetings, internal or external agency contacts, and turnaround support regarding contractor safety performance
The Contractor Safety Coordinator is responsible for the following:
- Managing the Contractor Safety Program
- Review and maintain Contractor"s Safe Work Execution Plans (SWEP) for all contractors on site.
- Serve as the Contractor Safety Network President
- Assist in planning, preparation, maintaining, preparation and delivery of material for the Contractor refinery site specific safety orientation program. Maintains participant completion database.
- Communicating with contractors regarding health, safety and environmental requirements and expectations
- Assist Procurement Department in maintaining a list of approved contractors for the refinery.
- Serve as focal point for contractor third party safety review (ISNetworld) data base including monitoring completion of project and/or annual contractor Risk Mitigation Plan reviews by designated contractor
- Ensure contractors are appropriately managing their injuries and providing adequate follow up to incidents
- Maintaining and tracking Key Performance Indicators for contractor safety performance
- Participating in and/or coordinate processes relating to contractor admittance to the refinery (Site Specific)
- Supporting of refinery planned shutdown and turnaround maintenance activities with particular focus on the safety performance of contractors.
- Be the subject matter expert for the following refinery Policies and Procedures: Contractor Orientation (1-1-9), Contractor Approval and Management (1-3-2) and provide contractor perspective review and input into other key HSE Policies and Procedures.
- Facilitate and/or participate in Contractor Safety Forum, Contractor Administration Team, and Contractor Safety Steering Committee
- Oversee the core-contractors monthly scorecard and communicate any updated P&P
- Coordinate and participate in annual contractor self-assessment process
- Participate as needed in regulatory and/or corporate audits regarding Health and Safety, including corporate audits at other sites
- To provide training for both contractors & Refinery employees on the new Electronic Work Permitting via ePass system.
- 5+ years of previous experience in professional safety and/or occupational health role within a refinery or chemical plant environment
- Strong knowledge of construction health and safety procedures and regulations
- Must have previous experience monitoring field observations / audits within a refinery or chemical plant
- Tank Entry Supervisor Certification is ideal but not required
- Strong knowledge of OSHA regulations and requirements
- Must have a TWIC Card
- Must have strong computer skills, as this position will be required to submitted excel reports and create Powerpoint presentations
- Must be comfortable with presenting to large groups for training, or project update requirements.