Current Job Openings
Our client, a major refinery, is seeking a Procurement Specialist/Contract Writer in Martinez, CA.
This position will provide general Contract support for day-to-day IT, Refinery, Turnaround, and Capital Project needs including cost negotiations and contract requirements.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Negotiate key commercial terms and conditions and rates with contractors. Develop contracts from request to execution and implementation.
- Prepare and facilitate execution of internal forms related to the contract process.
- Track and maintain new and existing contracts to ensure timely inception, extension, renewal or termination.
- Coordinate and lead pre-bid and bid meetings. Evaluate bids and makes award recommendations to the business units.
- Participate in the planning process so as to anticipate upcoming business needs and develop appropriate contracting strategies as required given the project or service requirements (e.g. lump sum, T&M, etc)
- Liaise with corporate legal counsel as required to ensure contractual terms and conditions are acceptable and serve to minimize risk.
- Serve as the focal point between business units and contractors for contractual compliance and dispute resolution.
- Evaluate supplier performance for pre-qualification.
- Contribute to the maintenance of ISNetworld contractor requirements for the facility.
- Continuously develop new sources of supply and maintain the Approved Contractor List
- Initiate the contract process per business unit request and in adherence with refinery and corporate policies.
- Create and maintain contracts in SAP.
- Create and distribute weekly or ad hoc reports.
- Monitor and analyze supplier performance using internal feedback
- Identify areas for savings and execute related projects.
- Participate in continuous process improvement activities.
- Provide guidance and training on contract policies to refinery personnel.
- Bachelor"s Degree in Materials Management or Business Administration or equivalent work experience
- CPSM a plus
- 5+ years" experience in sourcing, purchasing, contracting, warehousing or distribution. Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Power Point, Excel, and SharePoint
- Strong working knowledge of SAP
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration.