Current Job Openings
Safety Coordinator- Nightshift
Location: Martinez, CA
Duration: October 4, 2021- March 2022
Schedule: 40 hours per week pre-outage (10/4 - 10/28), OT as required and during turnaround (7/13s) 25 days and 2nd unit turnaround in Feb 2022
Experience: 5+ years of experience in Safety Coordinator role in refinery or petrochemical industry
Education: Degree in health and safety related discipline and /or hold current CSP preferred
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads daily safety meetings
- Verifies all turnaround safety processes have been fully implemented
- Follows up to ensure correct actions have been implemented for any incidents and near-miss reporting.
- Ensures that federal, provincial and local laws, regulations, rules and codes are observed by contractors.
- Assist, with plan to implement move in/out contractor safety training for employee orientation programs.
- Identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices in the client"s workplace during on-site inspections to audit physical conditions and safe work practices.
- Participate in the safety observation program, submit feedback and assure documents are begin submitted and tracked accordingly.
- Provide advice and counseling for all compliance regulations.
- Compile, analyze, and interpret incident report data to develop corrective actions to eliminate risk. Assure compliance to company safety policy handbook and site-specific policies.
- Participate in safety walks & audits, provide positive correction advice to employees working at risk.
- Uphold and communicate high standards of housekeeping in assigned areas and on all job sites. Conduct frequent formal housekeeping inspections of plant areas.