Maintenance Manager - Manufacturing
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may also be assigned.
- Provide direction and leadership to Maintenance personnel with a focus on company Core Values and Culture, as well as, provide individual expectations, feedback on performance, and when necessary, discipline to correct unacceptable behavior.
- Support the plant-wide safety program - set the standard for a Zero Incident Safety Culture (ZISC).
- Work with all personnel in the plant to intentionally create a healthy team culture, fostering a team environment-be a leader and change agent-set an example.
- Evaluate and prioritize facility maintenance requirements and coordinate with Operations to schedule downtime activities and other work in the plant, including preparation, planning support, and allocation.
- Manage facility CMMS (SAP).
- On-site storeroom spare parts management.
- Develop work plans and maintenance tasks.
- Submit and manage an annual maintenance and capital expenditure budget.
- Troubleshoot and assist with equipment issues - mechanical, electrical, programming on a routine basis.
- Perform a review of Lock-Out-Tag-Out procedures assigned to Maintenance personnel at least annually and make changes and improvements as necessary.
- Manage scheduling and vacations for all subordinate employees to ensure there are no gaps in supporting plant operations.
- Interface with and coordinate collaboratively with other company departments and employees as team members.
- Complete first aid and CPR training and act as a First Responder during plant emergencies.
- Collect, analyze, and use data and statistical methods to make objective and informed decisions and improve processes to meet Corporate and Plant Objectives.
- Prepare reports to be submitted to the Facility Manager for Executive review.
- Seven to ten years" experience in an industrial maintenance organization required.
- Bachelor"s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Reliability Engineering or other technical degree preferred.
- Hands-on maintenance experience in an industrial environment preferred.
- Siemens TIA portal and Wonderware HMI programming experience preferred.
- Exceptional leadership and project management skills.
- Fundamental knowledge of manufacturing systems.
- Fundamental knowledge of preventive and predictive maintenance systems.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- This job is subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions as well as exterior working heights up to 60 feet. While performing the duties of this job the employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, odors, and airborne particles. The employee will be occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions, heat, vibration, and confined spaces. The employee may be occasionally exposed to acidic or caustic chemicals and solvents. A respirator may be required at times.
- The employee must be able to position self to inspect, maintain, and/or repair machinery and equipment on plant floor, as well as railcars. This may require climbing stairs/ladders, bending, kneeling, crawling, and/or stooping.
- The noise level in the work environment varies, hearing protection is provided.
In addition to an attractive wage, this position offers a competitive benefits package including Group Health and Life Insurance, Vision and Dental Insurance, a Flexible Benefits Plan, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match, a Profit Sharing Retirement Plan, and other benefits.