Current Job Openings
PTS Advance has an immediate opportunity for a Mechanical Project Engineer to support various projects and work in a collaborative multi-discipline environment to support the clients" overall mission and goals. This position is located in Monterey County, CA. This is a direct hire position with benefits and (ISO) incentive stock options. Relocation assistance would be considered for the right candidate.
- Prepares scope of work documents for plant modifications, de-bottlenecking projects.
- Develops RFP packages and makes recommendations for supplier technical selection. Coordinates reviews of vendor data by the technical team and interfaces with suppliers to resolve any technical issues.
- Experienced in communicating with vendors in resolving vendor queries.
- Experienced in vendor shop visits for monitoring and inspection activities auditing vendor capabilities vs. claims.
- Coordination of construction and installation works at plant site.
- Prepares equipment and piping layouts for plant site modifications and expansions.
- Coordinates with multi-disciplinary team and vendors in preparation of calculations including, hydraulics, process simulations, piping sizing, control valve and equipment sizing, pressure head calculations, and performance flow curves.
- Assures all mechanical engineering designs meet applicable codes and standards including company standards, API, ASME as well as others used in static and rotating equipment mechanical design and development for refineries, petrochemical and mid-stream gas processing, general industry, and utilities.
- Prepares studies, including cost-benefit analysis for competing mechanical solutions resulting in robust, cost effective designs.
- Trouble-shoot existing systems in the field, determine modifications to existing systems to change performance, etc.
- Provides support to the Operations team in plant commissioning, startup, and operations activities.
- Other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
- Emphasis is on broad based mechanical engineering experience of at least five (5) years in oil, gas, petrochemical, or utility industry.
- Preferably have at least 3 years in an operating engineer role working with operations and maintenance personnel in a refinery, gas, oil, or utility industrial facility.
- Must be able to communicate effectively within the organization, vendors, contractors, and other third-party company.
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering is required.
- Field experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work well in developing new processing technologies and working with EPC's.
- Strong ability to work with operations and maintenance teams to troubleshoot mechanical issues and quickly develop solutions.
- Good working knowledge of applicable codes such as ASME Section 8 Division 1, B31.3, B31.4, AWS, and API specifications preferred.
- Excellent working knowledge of standard software including Excel and Word.
- Ability to work well in developing new processing technology.
- Prioritizing tasks and efficiently manage time.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and effectiveness in working with a high-performing, mostly technical team.
- Learns quickly and willing to ask for help.
- Skills in both written and spoken communication to support customers, teammates, and external users with a wide range of skill levels.
- Preparing, reading, analyzing, and interpreting documents.
- Ability to work in a collegial, collaborative environment.
Working Conditions and Travel:
- Work is performed primarily at the site, and other sites as required, as well as in Davis, Ca. which is the corporate office.
- May be assigned to night shift and work 12-hour shifts, 7-days a week during campaigns.
- Hands-on work is performed outdoors in the heat and sun, at elevation, and around machinery.
- Work is also performed indoors on a computer, sitting for extended periods.
- Ability to work outdoors in appropriate personal protective equipment for extended periods.
- Use hand tools, reach overhead, lift up to 30 pounds and work on a computer.
- Climb ladders and work at elevated heights.
- Hear alarms, communicate via radio and comply with safety procedures and policies.
- Pass military background checks to access US Military facilities.
- Have acceptable results for post-offer background checks, drug screen, and medical tests/exams.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.