Current Job Openings
PTS Advance has a great opportunity for an experienced Instrumentation and Controls Designer. This position is for our Walnut Creek, CA. client who specializes in small to mid-size projects in the industrial oil & gas, pipeline, power, heavy industrial, renewable energy. Local candidate highly desired as this could go from contract to direct hire.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Designing I/C and electrical systems for new, expanded or upgraded facilities, utilizing AutoCAD (possibly MicroStation but not a requirement).
- Preparing equipment and construction drawings.
- Providing CAD Technicians with technical content for the creation of engineering drawings and construction documents.
- Back checking CAD work, managing project drawings, and supporting other engineering and design staff with project related activities as-needed to meet project schedules and deliverables.
- Support in house document controls procedures using client's standards, interface and procedures.
- Carrying out site visits to scope out project work, observing and documenting existing systems in high degree of detail (as-building/as-founding), carrying out field follow-up visits on construction activities.
- Education: A.S or B.S. or equivalent technical degree desired
- 12-15 years of experience in instrumentation and controls, projects, plant support and field work, with emphasis on process industries and utilities.
- AutoCAD drafting skills, understanding of MicroStation a plus.
- Certification a plus.
- Understanding aspects of project engineering and job estimating
- Detailed knowledge of Analog and digital instrumentation, such as process measurements (temperature, flow, pressure), PLCs (Allen-Bradley, GE) and DCS-based controls, hardware, auxiliary devices, signal conditioners, annunciators, machinery monitoring systems, analyzers, etc.
- Understanding of instrument piping: small-bore pneumatics, tubing, materials, control valves, installation details, etc.
- Basic knowledge of low voltage AC systems (<480V AC, 120V AC) and DC systems
- Ability to navigate the National Electrical Code
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Detailed design and documentation of PLC based and DCS based ICE systems. Assignments include, schematic (elementary) diagrams, interconnecting diagrams, control panel layouts, electrical site/conduit plans, installation details, conduit and circuit schedules, and equipment plans.
- Review of reference drawings for integration into ICE construction and record drawings, received from clients, coordinating electrical design and implementation with other technical disciplines (piping, mechanical, structural, etc.) in-house as well as with other consultants and with Client's Engineering and Operations personnel.
- Review of bid and construction drawings.
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!
PTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer