Project Engineer - Capital Projects
- Joplin, MO
Summary of essential job functions:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may also be assigned.
* Perform all work in a safe manner, report all unsafe conditions, work practices, and work-related injuries so that corrective action can be promptly initiated.
* Obtain Project Charter document for all projects, avoiding scope creep while keeping projects focused.
* Determine equipment/process/system design and specifications in accordance with engineering principles, customer contract requirements, code requirements, laws, and other appropriate requirements.
* Accurately estimate, track, communicate, and control project budget. Obtain equipment and contractor quotes. Pursue cost savings in all areas.
* Accurately plan, track, coordinate, communicate and comply with project timeline to include identifying critical path and key milestones.
* Accurately determine material requirements for each phase of project. Proactively ensure material resources are available in a timely manner to support project.
* Provide direction to project work crews and drive project to completion. Coordinate activities and resources between customer and work crews. Manage project sub-contractors when necessary.
* Institute regular contact with stakeholders (process owner, work crews, contractors, and suppliers). Maintain detailed, complete, and timely records. Provide regular project updates to stakeholders.
* Provide or assist with preparation of cost justification for projects as required.
* Develop layouts (by using drafting software Auto CAD) for new or existing processes, products, or equipment. Approve drawing releases. Prepare interim project reports (as directed) and completion project report. Provide copies of all technical documentation
(drawings, flow charts, manuals, etc.) to project owner.
* Demonstrate fundamental knowledge of appropriate project management and engineering tools (Microsoft Projects, AutoCAD, etc.) and engineering processes (budgeting, planning, etc.)
* Generate business for E&C by developing and maintaining relationships with key plant personnel and discussing potential projects while on site. Be customer oriented and remain engaged with the customer even after a job is complete.
* Bachelor"s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field.
* Minimum of 3 years of professional experience.
* Advanced knowledge of equipment design of mechanical/electrical systems.
* Experience operating CAD, Microsoft Project, and Microsoft Suite.
* Travel up to 35% of the time.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, high and/or precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, extreme cold and extreme heat and confined spaces. A respirator may be required at times.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet and occasionally moderate.
In addition to an attractive wage, this position offers a competitive benefits package including Group Health and Life Insurance, Vision and Dental Insurance, a Flexible Benefits Plan, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match, a Profit Sharing Retirement Plan, and other benefits.