Current Job Openings
Our client is a successful Engineering, Design and Project Management Company headquartered in Southern California. They have nearly 40 years of experience in effective System Planning, Engineering, and Coordinating of energy, process, utility, and water resource facilities.
Civil Principal Designer
Our client is seeking a Principal Civil/Structural Designer with a minimum of 5 years" experience to be a part of dynamic design teams on many diverse and challenging projects. Applicants are expected to have a good understanding of the fundamental principles of civil engineering and site development with a mastery of AutoCAD Civil 3D. Applicants should also have experience with the design and drawing preparation of foundations and light steel structures. We are seeking applicants to apply their creativity and skills to a wide variety of projects in the energy and utility industries. There will be opportunities to lead your own small to medium sized projects as well as act as a part of larger multi-discipline project teams.
Typical projects will involve setting grades/elevations, roadway designs, drainage designs, containment calculations and earthwork analysis.
- 5+ years of experience in Civil Design with an engineering/surveying firm, developer, builder, contractor or excavation company is required. Experience with an engineering firm is preferred.
- AutoCAD Civil 3D mastery is required.
- Proficiency with Revit, Navisworks, Infraworks, Plant 3D, and/or AVEVA is preferred.
- Energy and utility industry experience is preferred.
- Must be detailed, results-oriented and have the ability to multi-task and lead multiple projects concurrently.
- Excellent written, verbal and organizational skills are required.
- A strong working knowledge of site layout, grading, storm water design and permitting is required.
- Experience with light steel structures such as pipe/cable tray supports, canopies, and access platforms is required.
- Foundation design experience with electrical/mechanical equipment, light poles, pipe/cable tray supports, etc. is also required.
- The ability to interpret field survey data and prepare construction drawings is required.
- A Civil Engineering degree is preferred.