Current Job Openings
Our client is a mid sized Construction Management firm who is nationally recognized for the quality of work they provide to their partners and clients. They execute on projects of all sizes, including billion dollar aviation expansion projects to facility improvement for government agencies.
Project Details (Size, SOW, Site Background, etc.):
The Project Engineer, under the supervision of the Construction Manager, is responsible for providing assistance to the Construction Manager in the monitoring and management of the contract in the field, including all contract communications with the contractor(s) and coordination of all contract activities of other disciplines.
- Reviews bid documents, including construction drawings and specifications, contract language, terms, and conditions.
- Participates in construction start-up and job site meetings with contractor(s) regarding scheduling, standards of performance, lines of authority, communications, progress of the work, payment of invoices, and recommendations to resolve problems.
- Assists the Construction Manager in reviewing contractor"s monthly billings for payment and assists in resolution of contractor disputes and/or back charges.
- Documents all observations, provides clarification, and ensures performance in accordance with the construction contract documents. Maintains Proposed Change Orders (PCO) and PCO logs and assists in updating CDCR Facility Planning, Construction and Management (FPCM) Facility Records and Management Enterprise (FRAME), SharePoint online document control system.
- Assists the Construction Manager in background research for Requests for Information (RFI) and in determining the validity of contractor"s requests for PCOs.
- Assists the Construction Manager in gathering necessary documentation for all dispute issues and maintaining up-to-date dispute files. Assists in the processing of warranties and guarantees during bid package close-out.
- Participates in final inspection with the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation Architectural/Engineering personnel, Department of General Services, Real Estate Services Division Inspectors, and Office of the State Fire Marshal, Department of Health Services Environmental Health Division, and other State control agencies as required.
- Assembles and distributes the monthly construction Project Status Report.
- Classifies and indexes file materials such as correspondence reports and technical documents while keeping records of various types in conjunction with the files.
- Retrieves materials from the established filing system, maintains a file sign-out system, and keeps a neat and organized file room.
- Assist in uploading documents into CDCR Facility Planning, Construction and Management (FPCM) Facility Records and Management Enterprise (FRAME), SharePoint online document control system.
- Responsible for the collection, consolidation, and preparation of outgoing mail, overnight express mailings, and facsimile transmissions.
- Assists the Construction Manager with shop drawing coordination and submittal packages for transmittal to the responsible Architectural Engineer.
- Responsible for copying, distribution of documents, and maintains all filing in accordance with CDCR policies.
- Prepares, verifies, and coordinates the turnover of files at the completion of each bid package and transfers all file materials to the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR) in accordance with Department policy and procedures.
Qualifications (Experience, Education, Certifications, Clearances, etc.):
- Experience - 5 yrs +. Correctional and Health Care experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong administrative and document control skills. Ability to track, file and report on project documents and communications. Experience tracking and reporting on project cost and schedule data, than using that data to take action towards successfully managing the project.