Current Job Openings
Job: Regional Projects Manager
Location: Wilmington, North Carolina
Role: We are looking to hire a detail-oriented and self-reliant Regional Projects Manager to support our client"s small capital projects team. The Regional Projects Manager will report to the Senior Project Manager and will have the responsibility for managing capital project execution across our client"s plant and port facilities in the Wilmington region. This is a contract to hire position.
- Using the Four Pillars of Operational Discipline, this position is responsible for four (4) key deliverables:
- Aligning with our culture in operating safely and in a safe workplace, ensure that all work, in and out of projects, and both external and internal project resources are adhering to a safe work practices and supporting a safe workplace.
- Coordinate with plant and regional operations and respective support teams to develop scopes of work, business cases, and the overall project execution alignment.
- Lead both a direct team of project engineers and project managers as well as indirect site and regional resources to conceive, plan, and execute projects to improve and expand our client's operations and individual project scale of $30K - $2MM with annual regional of $5MM-$20MM
- Manage, maintain, and communicate concise regional level plans to include: safety metrics and continual improvements, resource planning, cost rollup, cost reduction, and volume impact minimization.
- Business engagement with other functional groups to deliver accurate timelines and capital forecasts.
- Partner with Procurement Team to build out and maintain relationships with key contractors and vendors.
- Maintain cadenced project team meetings with defined actions and owners.
- Review cost and schedule performance including detailed budget variances and key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Manage external resources as required (serve as Company representative to subcontractors for all planning and scheduling activities).
- Bachelor"s degree in Engineering and minimum ten (10) years of manufacturing/industry experience.
- Minimum seven (7) years directly managing technical resources.
- Minimum five (5) years dedicated project manager experience.
- Must be a driver of action.
- Strong problem-solving ability using a DMAIC, PDCA, or 8D structure.
- Must be data-driven and possess a high level of attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of Process / Value Stream Mapping and FMEA.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team leadership skills.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project with the ability to learn other applications related to the job.
- Must be a self-starter with ability to prioritize workload.
- PE License
- ServiceNow Experience
- Six Sigma Certification (GB or BB)
- Lean/Continuous Improvement experience
- Experience in Construction / EPC contracts
- Experience in wood processing
- The physical demands include ability to walk around job sites in construction, up scaffolding and over rough ground.
- Moderate Travel - 30-50%
About PTS Advance:
Founded in 1995, by Ron & June Stein and still family owned to this day, Principal Technical Services (PTS) Advance was designed to meet a gap in the market. We provide people to Energy & Infrastructure as well as, Life Sciences companies that want to do more than just "fill a position".
Interested? Contact Hannah Johnson at 949-268-4083 or via email at Hannah.Johnson@PTSadvance.com for a discussion!