Distracted Driving Awareness Month
October 13, 2020 | Posted in Safety
Due to the pandemic, the National Safety Council postponed Distracted Driving Awareness Month from April to October 2020. UP would like to join the NSC in spreading the word.
Let’s decrease the statistics by making changes. How can you minimize your distractions when driving and protect yourself from injury by a distracted driver?
• Turn off electronic devices and keep them out of reach
• Map out your route prior to getting on the road
• Save the eating/drinking for when you are stopped and parked
• If there is a call that you absolutely have to make, ask a passenger to make the call for you or pull over and make the call
• Set good examples when driving with teens in the car to help them develop good habits
Learn more about Distracted Driving Awareness Month at nsc.org/justdrive.
Facts & Information : NSC